Oulu to Helsinki
Helsinki to Oulu
London to Helsinki
Helsinki to Rovaniemi
Rovaniemi to Helsinki
Helsinki to Ivalo
Finland is nature at its very best. Finland spends most of the year as a frozen paradise before bursting into life and colour for a short-lived summer. Finnair serves Helsinki (HEL), Ivalo (IVL), Joensuu (JOE), Kajaani (KAJ), Kemi (KEM), Kittilä (KTT), Kokkola (KOK), Kuopio (KUO), Kuusamo (KAO), Oulu (OUL), Rovaniemi (RVN) and Vaasa (VAA). At Finnair, we are proud of our long heritage. We’ve been operating for over 90 years and have a wealth of experience in customer care and enjoyable, comfortable journeys. Book your flights to Finland with us today to experience our classic Nordic hospitality.
Destinations in Finland served by Finnair
- Helsinki is a great starting point for your trip to Finland. You can explore the beautiful white Helsinki Cathedral set in Senate Square, check out the local art galleries, or just enjoy some delicious local cuisine in one of the city’s many restaurants.
- Ivalo may seem like a small town, but it’s one of the largest in the region. Head to Ivalo if you fancy trying some ice fishing or want to catch the Northern Lights or the midnight sun.
- Kajaani is a quiet settlement in the Kainuu region. Head to nearby Paltaniemi to see the picturesque riverside church, or book a husky tour to experience the snowy wilderness.
- Kemi’s main attractions include a castle made of snow and icebreaker cruises. It’s a magical and breath-taking destination like no other.
- Kuusamo should be your next stop if you want to glide down some of the world’s best ski slopes.
- Joensuu, meaning ‘river mouth’ in Finnish, was an important trading port in the 19th century. These days it’s a modern and lively university town.
- Kokkola is an ancient fishing town, with wooden houses and dusty streets. Catch a boat out to Tankar Island and take a look around the old Lighthouse Station.
- The city of Oulu is made up of a series of islands connected by bridges. It’s known for its Arctic berry markets and its university’s technology graduates – some of the best in the world.
- If you want to explore western Lapland and see some awe-inspiring landscapes, Kittilä and nearby Levi are the place for you.
- The capital of Lapland, Rovaniemi, is Santa Claus’s official hometown. The streets are even laid out in the shape of a reindeer’s head and antlers when viewed from above!
- Kuopio is a sunny lakeside town with a handful of interesting museums to satisfy those who are more into culture than the great outdoors. Nonetheless, it will appeal most to those who like hiking, pleasure cruises and enjoying a beer in the sunshine.
- Vaasa is known for its beaches, with seven great ones near the city centre. It’s also in one of the sunniest parts of Finland.
Typical food and drink in Finland
Finnish cuisine is based on whole grain starches such as rye bread or oats alongside berries and meats. Traditional Finnish food relies heavily on locally sourced ingredients such as barley, reindeer and lingonberry. Fish and vegetables are also often used alongside dairy products such as buttermilk.
Practical information about Finland
Currency – Euro (€).
Time Zone – UTC+02:00.
Tipping – Tipping is not expected but will be appreciated.
Water – The tap water in Finland is safe to drink.
Electricity – 220 volts or 50 Hz.
Oulu (OUL) to Helsinki (HEL)OUL - HEL
24.10.2018HEL - OUL
31.10.20187 DaysEUR 68
Helsinki (HEL) to Oulu (OUL)HEL - OUL
17.08.2018OUL - HEL
20.08.20183 DaysEUR 68
London (LHR) to Helsinki (HEL)LHR - HEL
18.12.2018HEL - LHR
01.01.201914 DaysGBP 89
Helsinki (HEL) to Rovaniemi (RVN)HEL - RVN
06.09.2018RVN - HEL
10.09.20184 DaysEUR 78
Rovaniemi (RVN) to Helsinki (HEL)RVN - HEL
25.08.2018HEL - RVN
27.08.20182 DaysEUR 78
Helsinki (HEL) to Ivalo (IVL)HEL - IVL
13.02.2019IVL - HEL
17.02.20194 DaysEUR 125
Frankfurt (FRA) to Helsinki (HEL)FRA - HEL
26.12.2018HEL - FRA
02.01.20197 DaysEUR 138
Zurich (ZRH) to Helsinki (HEL)ZRH - HEL
13.10.2018HEL - ZRH
21.10.20188 DaysCHF 259
Copenhagen (CPH) to Helsinki (HEL)CPH - HEL
27.08.2018HEL - CPH
31.08.20184 DaysDKK 577
Helsinki (HEL) to Kittilä (KTT)HEL - KTT
27.01.2019KTT - HEL
30.01.20193 DaysEUR 125
The Prices displayed are the lowest available in the previous 48 hours on Finnair.com and valid for travel dates as shown above.
Prices are subject to availability at the time of booking online with Finnair.com. Finnair reserves the right to change prices at any time.
Prices include return flights in Economy Class for one person as well as applicable taxes and fuel surcharges. The break down will be shown during your booking process.
Please check the individual fare rules for detailed terms and conditions during your booking process.
Advance purchase up to 60 days may apply and impact the available fares.