From Edinburgh to Chongqing
From Oslo to Shanghai
From Gothenburg to Kunming
From Helsinki to Beijing
From Helsinki to Chongqing
From Helsinki to Shanghai
The People’s Republic of China is a huge and intoxicating mixture of hyper-modern, technicolour cities, beautiful countryside and deep cultural heritage extending from the famous wall to the architectural wonders of Xi'an.
Finnair serves six destinations across China, covering the major cities of Beijing (PEK), Chongqing (CKG), Guangzhou (CAN), Nanjing (NKG), Shanghai (PVG) and Xi’an (XIY).
With such a comprehensive range of destinations, we have this vast country covered. Why not fly to China with us and experience the appeal of this most exotic destination for yourself.
Destinations in China served by Finnair
- Beijing is the capital of China and also its cultural centre with the Forbidden City and other architectural treasures. It will appeal to you whether you’re a city lover or a history buff, or both!
- Chongqing is the place you go to begin exploration of the architectural marvels of the titanic Three Gorges Dam. It is a fascinating and thriving modern Chinese city with a population of around twenty million people.
- Southern Guangzhou is a sprawling port city with a trading history that represents modern China at its best and you’ll find that it is located conveniently close to both Macau and Hong Kong.
- In Nanjing, you will discover a southern Chinese city that contains a wealth of historic locations and artefacts such as the UNESCO-listed Ming Tombs.
- Visit Shanghai to revel in the wonders of its riverside cityscape surrounding the Huangpu River and delve deep into the shopping and cultural opportunities of this huge metropolis.
Typical food and drink in China
The food that you might have enjoyed in your local Chinese restaurant is just the tip of the iceberg. China has four major different regional cuisines, so you will find that the style will change depending on where you go. Try the hotter, spicier Szechuan dishes, such as Kung Po Prawns with liberal amounts of garlic and chilli, or the subtler but no less delicious dumplings and fragrant rice cakes in the North.
Practical information about China
- Currency – Yuan (¥)
- Time Zones – UTC+08:00
- Tipping – Tipping is not compulsory or expected but is greatly appreciated.
- Electricity – 220 volts or 50 Hz.
- Telephone Country Code – +86
From Edinburgh (EDI) to Chongqing (CKG)EDI - CKG
02.07.2019CKG - EDI
10.10.2019100 DaysGBP 466
From Oslo (OSL) to Shanghai (PVG)OSL - PVG
07.01.2019PVG - OSL
02.03.201954 DaysNOK 4,883
From Gothenburg (GOT) to Kunming (KMG)GOT - KMG
14.03.2019KMG - GOT
01.07.2019109 DaysSEK 6,524
From Helsinki (HEL) to Beijing (PEK)HEL - PEK
11.12.2018PEK - HEL
09.01.201929 DaysEUR 636
From Helsinki (HEL) to Chongqing (CKG)HEL - CKG
09.12.2018CKG - HEL
03.01.201925 DaysEUR 595
From Helsinki (HEL) to Shanghai (PVG)HEL - PVG
24.05.2019PVG - HEL
31.05.20197 DaysEUR 696
From Amsterdam (AMS) to Shanghai (PVG)AMS - PVG
27.01.2019PVG - AMS
11.02.201915 DaysEUR 514
From London (LHR) to Chongqing (CKG)LHR - CKG
29.12.2018CKG - LHR
07.01.20199 DaysGBP 476
From London (LHR) to Nanjing (NKG)LHR - NKG
17.12.2018NKG - LHR
09.01.201923 DaysGBP 536
From Amsterdam (AMS) to Beijing (PEK)AMS - PEK
26.01.2019PEK - AMS
16.02.201921 DaysEUR 438
The Prices displayed are the lowest available in the previous 48 hours on Finnair.com and valid for travel dates as shown above.
Prices are subject to availability at the time of booking online with Finnair.com. Finnair reserves the right to change prices at any time.
Prices include return flights in Economy Class for one person as well as applicable taxes and fuel surcharges. The break down will be shown during your booking process.
Please check the individual fare rules for detailed terms and conditions during your booking process.
Advance purchase up to 60 days may apply and impact the available fares.