Helsinki to Shanghai
Dusseldorf to Xian
Manchester to Shanghai
London to Beijing
Gothenburg to Shanghai
Helsinki to Guangzhou
The People’s Republic of China is a huge and intoxicating mixture of hyper-modern, technicolour cities, beautiful countryside and deep cultural heritage extending from the famous wall to the architectural wonders of Xi'an.
Finnair serves six destinations across China, covering the major cities of Beijing (PEK), Chongqing (CKG), Guangzhou (CAN), Nanjing (NKG), Shanghai (PVG) and Xi’an (XIY).
With such a comprehensive range of destinations, we have this vast country covered. Why not fly to China with us and experience the appeal of this most exotic destination for yourself.
Destinations in China served by Finnair
- Beijing is the capital of China and also its cultural centre with the Forbidden City and other architectural treasures. It will appeal to you whether you’re a city lover or a history buff, or both!
- Chongqing is the place you go to begin exploration of the architectural marvels of the titanic Three Gorges Dam. It is a fascinating and thriving modern Chinese city with a population of around twenty million people.
- Southern Guangzhou is a sprawling port city with a trading history that represents modern China at its best and you’ll find that it is located conveniently close to both Macau and Hong Kong.
- In Nanjing, you will discover a southern Chinese city that contains a wealth of historic locations and artefacts such as the UNESCO-listed Ming Tombs.
- Visit Shanghai to revel in the wonders of its riverside cityscape surrounding the Huangpu River and delve deep into the shopping and cultural opportunities of this huge metropolis.
Typical food and drink in China
The food that you might have enjoyed in your local Chinese restaurant is just the tip of the iceberg. China has four major different regional cuisines, so you will find that the style will change depending on where you go. Try the hotter, spicier Szechuan dishes, such as Kung Po Prawns with liberal amounts of garlic and chilli, or the subtler but no less delicious dumplings and fragrant rice cakes in the North.
Practical information about China
- Currency – Yuan (¥)
- Time Zones – UTC+08:00
- Tipping – Tipping is not compulsory or expected but is greatly appreciated.
- Electricity – 220 volts or 50 Hz.
- Telephone Country Code – +86
Helsinki (HEL) to Shanghai (PVG)HEL - PVG
31.12.2018PVG - HEL
13.01.201913 DaysEUR 676
Dusseldorf (DUS) to Xian (XIY)DUS - XIY
13.10.2018XIY - DUS
27.10.201814 DaysEUR 790
Manchester (MAN) to Shanghai (PVG)MAN - PVG
27.10.2018PVG - MAN
01.11.20185 DaysGBP 551
London (LHR) to Beijing (PEK)LHR - PEK
16.10.2018PEK - LHR
31.10.201815 DaysGBP 492
Gothenburg (GOT) to Shanghai (PVG)GOT - PVG
01.10.2018PVG - GOT
31.10.201830 DaysSEK 5,006
Helsinki (HEL) to Guangzhou (CAN)HEL - CAN
19.09.2018CAN - HEL
25.10.201836 DaysEUR 611
Hamburg (HAM) to Shanghai (PVG)HAM - PVG
30.10.2018PVG - HAM
22.02.2019115 DaysEUR 519
Helsinki (HEL) to Beijing (PEK)HEL - PEK
31.10.2018PEK - HEL
06.11.20186 DaysEUR 636
Edinburgh (EDI) to Beijing (PEK)EDI - PEK
16.10.2018PEK - EDI
30.10.201814 DaysGBP 558
Zurich (ZRH) to Nanjing (NKG)ZRH - NKG
26.11.2018NKG - ZRH
24.02.201990 DaysCHF 551
The Prices displayed are the lowest available in the previous 48 hours on Finnair.com and valid for travel dates as shown above.
Prices are subject to availability at the time of booking online with Finnair.com. Finnair reserves the right to change prices at any time.
Prices include return flights in Economy Class for one person as well as applicable taxes and fuel surcharges. The break down will be shown during your booking process.
Please check the individual fare rules for detailed terms and conditions during your booking process.
Advance purchase up to 60 days may apply and impact the available fares.