Spain is a surprising mix of high-end, adrenaline-filled cities and quaint, charming villages. Beautiful beaches, amazing architecture, rich history, distinctive gastronomy and friendly people, among many other impressive traits, make it a great destination for all kinds of travellers.
Finnair serves over 10 airports in Spain, including Barcelona-El Prat (BCN), Madrid-Barajas (MAD), Tenerife-North (TFN) and Tenerife-South (TFS). We connect over 100 cities in Europe alone, so wherever you are in the world, Spain can feel right on your doorstep. Book your flights to Spain with us and experience the sun, landscapes and flamenco for yourself.
Destinations in Spain served by Finnair
- If you’re planning a trip to Spain, Barcelona is a great place to start. You can try the tasty paella, walk the city, relax on the Barceloneta, Nova Icaria or Bogatell beaches or soak up the culture!
- Madrid, Spain’s capital city, is a similar culture hub and famed for its trendy bars, upscale boutiques and thriving fashion industry.
- Gran Canaria is a well-known and well-loved Spanish destination, known for its relaxed atmosphere and abundance of bars and restaurants.
- Lanzarote is quieter and more rugged so it’s particularly popular among hikers and runners.
- Head to Málaga if you’re a beach lover looking to soak up the rays.
- Tenerife if you want a beach holiday with a bit more atmosphere – Tenerife is one of the most popular hot spots for tourists!
- If you want to enjoy the sun without the crowds, Fuerteventura is for you. It’s home to some of the best surfing beaches and tends to be quieter and more relaxed than Tenerife.
Typical food and drink in Spain
Spanish culture revolves a lot around food. Tapas is a popular dining style, with diners ordering multiple small dishes to be shared among the party. One of the most traditional Spanish staples is paella, a rice dish usually served with shellfish or meats. Seafood is frequently eaten in Spain and is caught fresh from the sea each day. Wine is widely brewed in Spain – the Rioja is particularly good!
Practical information about Spain
- Currency - Euros (€).
- Time Zone - UTC+01:00.
- Tipping - Tipping is not compulsory or expected but is greatly appreciated.
- Water - Although often thought to be unsafe, the tap water in Spain is drinkable.
- Electricity - 220 volts or 50 Hz.
Saint Petersburg (LED) cmp-preposition--destination-place Alicante (ALC)LED - ALC
27.05.2019ALC - LED
18.06.201922 cmp-trip-length-daysRUB 19,941
Saint Petersburg (LED) cmp-preposition--destination-place Barcelona (BCN)LED - BCN
05.08.2019BCN - LED
11.08.20196 cmp-trip-length-daysRUB 15,164
Moscow (SVO) cmp-preposition--destination-place Malaga (AGP)SVO - AGP
29.07.2019AGP - SVO
11.08.201913 cmp-trip-length-daysRUB 18,953
Saint Petersburg (LED) cmp-preposition--destination-place Malaga (AGP)LED - AGP
16.08.2019AGP - LED
25.08.20199 cmp-trip-length-daysRUB 18,626
Moscow (SVO) cmp-preposition--destination-place Barcelona (BCN)SVO - BCN
08.06.2019BCN - SVO
16.06.20198 cmp-trip-length-daysRUB 18,556
Kazan (KZN) cmp-preposition--destination-place Barcelona (BCN)KZN - BCN
18.06.2019BCN - KZN
12.07.201924 cmp-trip-length-daysRUB 56,312
Saint Petersburg (LED) cmp-preposition--destination-place Madrid (MAD)LED - MAD
20.05.2019MAD - LED
26.05.20196 cmp-trip-length-daysRUB 20,570
Saint Petersburg (LED) cmp-preposition--destination-place Tenerife (TFS)LED - TFS
22.10.2019TFS - LED
02.11.201911 cmp-trip-length-daysRUB 28,846
Moscow (SVO) cmp-preposition--destination-place Alicante (ALC)SVO - ALC
23.06.2019ALC - SVO
25.06.20192 cmp-trip-length-daysRUB 21,143
Saint Petersburg (LED) cmp-preposition--destination-place Gran Canaria (LPA)LED - LPA
02.01.2020LPA - LED
12.01.202010 cmp-trip-length-daysRUB 53,532