Helsinki to Tokyo
Helsinki to Fukuoka
Helsinki to Sapporo
Helsinki to Nagoya
Helsinki to Osaka
Helsinki to Tokyo
Japan is a unique and beautiful Asian country spread across a series of large islands. You will encounter a fascinating mixture of the ultra-modern and the deeply traditional.
Finnair serves 4 airports in Japan, covering the major cities of Nagoya (NGO), Osaka (KIX), Tokyo (NRT/HND) and Fukuoka (FUK). Book your flights to Japan with us and experience the unique charms of this incredible nation.
Destinations in Japan served by Finnair
- Tokyo is perhaps the world’s most modern city and has a population of a staggering 37 million. But owing to the efficient design, layout and transport you will discover that it never feels too crowded. As you’d imagine, it has outstanding shopping and restaurants, bars and nightlife to suit all tastes. A great way to take in the city is by strolling through the delightful Inokashira Park. If you’re a fan of Anime, check out the excellent Ghibli Museum nearby.
- Osaka is Japan’s third-largest city and offers lots to see. Shitennōji Temple and Sumiyoshi Shrine are excellent examples of ancient Shinto places of worship, and there is a wealth of museums as well as Osaka Castle for you to explore.
- Nagoya is a hub of Japanese industry and is home to Japan’s automobile trade. It has a proud heritage because it is the region where Japan’s famous Samurai warrior culture evolved, so there’s plenty of historic interest for visitors.
- Fukuoka is a bold and modern city, the largest city on the southern Japanese island of Kyushu. You will find it very welcoming to visitors with an easy to navigate subway and plenty to see, such as the Hakata Michiya Folk Museum and the Riverain Complex, which is a luxury boutique shopping mall.
- Sapporo is the capital of Hokkaido prefecture. It is known for its world-famous Snow Festival and delicious ramen, as well as its beautiful parks and hills.
Typical food and drink in Japan
Japan has a sophisticated and delicious cuisine that is based on seasonal and fresh (sometimes raw) ingredients served with rice as the staple. Since Japan is an island, seafood forms a large part of their diet but meat such as the famous Kobe beef is highly valued too. Make sure you try the ubiquitous Miso soup, which is a delicious soybean-based accompaniment to many Japanese meals.
Practical information about Japan
- Currency – Yen (¥)
- Time Zones – UTC+09:00
- Tipping – Tipping is not compulsory or expected but is greatly appreciated.
- Electricity – 100 volts or 50/60 Hz. (US plug)
- Country Code – +81
Helsinki (HEL) to Tokyo (NRT)HEL - NRT
14.05.2020NRT - HEL
21.05.20207 DaysEUR 787
Helsinki (HEL) to Fukuoka (FUK)HEL - FUK
19.10.2019FUK - HEL
26.10.20197 DaysEUR 825
Helsinki (HEL) to Sapporo (SPK)HEL - SPK
21.07.2019SPK - HEL
28.07.20197 DaysEUR 972
Helsinki (HEL) to Tokyo (TYO)HEL - TYO
17.07.2019TYO - HEL
24.07.20197 DaysEUR 892
Oulu (OUL) to Tokyo (TYO)OUL - TYO
17.07.2019TYO - OUL
24.07.20197 DaysEUR 1,089
Helsinki (HEL) to Nagoya (NGO)HEL - NGO
26.09.2019NGO - HEL
15.10.201919 DaysEUR 840
Helsinki (HEL) to Osaka (OSA)HEL - OSA
17.07.2019OSA - HEL
24.07.20197 DaysEUR 926
Helsinki (HEL) to Osaka (KIX)HEL - KIX
16.10.2019KIX - HEL
03.11.201918 DaysEUR 792
Helsinki (HEL) to Tokyo (HND)HEL - HND
11.10.2019HND - HEL
20.10.20199 DaysEUR 792
Helsinki (HEL) to Osaka (ITM)HEL - ITM
23.03.2020ITM - HEL
30.03.20207 DaysEUR 795